Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's Saturday.  The sun is shining, birds are singing and I am sitting in front of my computer.  Not exactly the perfect way to spend my day...but uninterrupted writing time is a rarity. 

I can't help but feel a little melancholy this morning.  I know its crazy but I have spent so much time in my fictional town with my fictional characters that the thought of finishing their story is somewhat depressing.  I can't imagine my life without them.  I know their secrets; their joys and their heartaches.

Even now, as I sit here typing, I hear their voices calling to me....and I will answer.  They have a story that needs to be finished and peace that needs to be found.  As Sarah, one of my favorite characters stated:

“I am tired, Chase - tired of living a partial life; tired of being tied to a past that is long gone and a future that will never be.”

So I journey back to Parson's Cove...to Sarah...and the others who are waiting patiently to finish telling me their story.
                                                                                                                            -DS McKnight

No comments:

Post a Comment