Sunday, April 21, 2013

Interview with North Carolina Writer - Carol Ann Ross

I am excited to have the opportunity to interview an Eastern North Carolina writer.  Carol Ann Ross is the author of THE DAYS OF HAIRAWN MUHLY.  She resides in Surf City, NC with her two dogs.  She holds a Bachelor Degree in English and a Masters Degree in education and has studied abroad at Oxford University.  Carol has taught at several colleges and has written a couple historical non-fiction books.  THE DAYS OF HAIRAWN MUHLY is her first novel.

Deb:  Hi Carol.  Let me begin by saying I loved THE DAYS OF HAIRAWN MUHLY.
Carol:  Hi Deb - Thank you so much for your interest.
Deb:  What inspired you to write this novel?
Carol:  THE DAYS OF HAIRAWN MUHLY is a book that had to be written.  I grew up on Topsail Island and know so much of its history, it's part of who I am.  And being a writer - I have to write what I know.  It is the first in a trilogy - there is so much about this area that should never be forgotten.
Deb:  You've written two historical non-fiction books.  Did you enjoy switching genres?
Carol:  I think it's safer to write fiction.  I get to embellish a bit and take some liberties.  I like it better, more fun.
Deb:  Of the characters in your novel, which one do you relate to the most?
Carol:  Geez!  To whom do I relate more?  Hmmm.  Pearl is a better me, Ellie is worse.  Different sides of the same coin?
Deb:  (Laughing)  That's quite a coin.  Would you share some random fact about yourself that might surprise your readers?
Carol:  Random fact?  I do not comprehend algebra.
Deb:  Thanks for talking to me.  I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Carol:  Thank you.

THE DAYS OF HAIRAWN MUHLY is available on Amazon in paperback. It will be available for download on April 23, 2013.

-DS McKnight

No comments:

Post a Comment