Monday, August 11, 2014

Review of The Misadventures of Me and My Uterus

A while back, I received a copy of Laurie WJN's book - The Misadventures of Me and My Uterus.  I had a lot going on at the time promoting my own novel and Misadventures was put in the to be read pile.  

Fast-forward three months and OH MY GOSH - I had the period that wouldn't end.  The frustration was incredible.  And then I remembered Laurie and her book...


Amazon Book Description:  From delivering babies to uterine biopsies, this book shares how being a woman can be tough, but laughter is always the best medicine. Topics ranging from Spring-Loaded Uterus (and other forms of birth control), Nothing says fun like a transvaginal ultrasound, and Ablation – its electric, share the personal struggle of one peri-menopausal woman through the maze of women’s health challenges. With humor and understanding, this book offers insight into the uniquely feminine perspective of women’s health care as you enter menopause. This laugh out loud memoir is relatable to any woman who has ever felt cursed by having a uterus.

What I Thought:  Laurie WJN has shined a light on a subject most of us (women) prefer to ignore.   Going through the "change" is nothing short of challenging.  Laurie candidly shared her experiences.   At times I was laughing out loud - and trust me - the battle going on within my body has been anything but funny.  Still,  I found myself feeling a sort of sisterhood with the author because finally someone had put into words what I was feeling and experiencing.   

If you are dealing with the stress of peri-menopause, then do yourself a favor - get this book! It's like sitting down with a girlfriend who's been through it all and now she's sharing her experience.

Amazon Purchase Link


No comments:

Post a Comment