Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I close my eyes and I travel back in time - 2nd grade - Miss Charlotte Bridge's class.  I'm sitting on a large rug with my classmates listening to her read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.  It's the highlight of my school day.  It's the first time a story carried me away to another land and I have been hooked on a book ever since.  Without a doubt, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is still one of my favorites.  I love that it was made into a movie...and I love the character Edmund.  As a child, I didn't think too much of Edmund.  As an adult, it is Edmund that I identify with...He's imperfect.  He  makes mistakes, he sorrows over those mistakes and ultimately, he is forgiven.

D.S. McKnight

No comments:

Post a Comment