Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Writing

Writers write.  They also read.  I consider myself a writer who reads when I has time....and come to think of it, my writing falls in that category too.  Like many writers, I work a full time job and have a family.  You know the routine...work, home, dinner, homework, games, and the list goes on.  Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to add extra hours in my day.  :)

Recently, I read that a writer isn't a writer if they don't write everyday.  Maybe that works for those people fortunate enough to make their living writing....or for those who require less sleep than I do.  I thought long and hard about this statement.  Does the fact that my life prohibits me from writing every day mean that writing is nothing more than a hobby at best?  I don't think so.  My story is always with me.  I think about my characters as I cook dinner.  I mull over my plot as I vacuum the floor.  And when time allows, I sit down and something wonderful happens.  My characters speak.  My story unfolds and I get the chance to do the thing I love...I write.

D.S. McKnight

No comments:

Post a Comment